PRAWN & CHORIZO PASTA SAUCE WITH TAGLIATELLE
A great, quick and easy supper recipe, that’s healthy to boot!
Just look at that pic and drool. The wonderful prawns that pop in the mouth, with salty chorizo is a winner every time, and when it's teamed with a spicy, creamy tomato sauce… what more can I say?
This is definitely not one to miss!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, very finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, finely sliced
1 small red pepper, finely diced
300gm cleaned prawns, peeled
1 good quality chorizo, 1cm diced
1 tin chopped tomato
375ml chicken stock (or fish stock if you have)
2 Tbsp crème fraiche
Handful of parsley, chopped
Small handful of basil, chopped
Tagliatelle pasta (or another pasta of your choice), cooked in lots of salted water, per the package instructions
• Heat the olive oil, add the onions and fry on medium heat until soft.
• Add the red pepper, garlic and chilli and fry for another minute or so. Then add the chorizo and fry for a further minute.
• Add the tomatoes and stock, reduce heat and simmer until reduced and thickened slightly.
• Add the herbs (leave some for garnish) and crème fraiche, stirring to combine thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the prawns, stirring into the sauce and simmer gently for a minute or two until pink.
Serve over tagliatelle, cooked al dente, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and herbs, and savour every mouthful!
© Confessions in the Kitchen